Shirley Bassey tribute act coming to Ilford’s Kenneth More Theatre
- Credit: Archant
From 1960s cinemas to noughties Glastonbury, the music of Dame Shirley Bassey has become a British institution.
Hits such as Goldfinger, Big Spender and Diamonds Are Forever can be heard at the Kenneth More Theatre next week, as Carolyn Rowe performs the Welsh icon’s classics.
Fresh from her London West End debut, Carolyn is the only tribute act to have performed with Dame Shirley Bassey and has been featured on ITV’s Loose Women and GMTV with Lorraine Kelly.
She works under the direction of Michael Alexander, Dame Shirley’s longest serving musical director, who describes Carolyn as “the most believable and greatest tribute”.
Throughout the show audiences will bare witness to the sheer enormity of Carolyn’s wardrobe, as regular outfit changes will mimic the varying famous gowns worn by Dame Shirley.
You may also want to watch:
Carolyn will be accompanied by a band on the night, providing the larger than life sound that most have come to expect from the music of Dame Shirley.
Her performance will begin at 7.30pm on Sunday, October 20. Tickets cost £15, with concessions available. To book, visit kmtheatre.co.uk.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest