Shirley Bassey tribute act coming to Ilford’s Kenneth More Theatre
- Credit: Archant
From 1960s cinemas to noughties Glastonbury, the music of Dame Shirley Bassey has become a British institution.
Hits such as Goldfinger, Big Spender and Diamonds Are Forever can be heard at the Kenneth More Theatre next week, as Carolyn Rowe performs the Welsh icon’s classics.
Fresh from her London West End debut, Carolyn is the only tribute act to have performed with Dame Shirley Bassey and has been featured on ITV’s Loose Women and GMTV with Lorraine Kelly.
She works under the direction of Michael Alexander, Dame Shirley’s longest serving musical director, who describes Carolyn as “the most believable and greatest tribute”.
Throughout the show audiences will bare witness to the sheer enormity of Carolyn’s wardrobe, as regular outfit changes will mimic the varying famous gowns worn by Dame Shirley.
You may also want to watch:
Carolyn will be accompanied by a band on the night, providing the larger than life sound that most have come to expect from the music of Dame Shirley.
Her performance will begin at 7.30pm on Sunday, October 20. Tickets cost £15, with concessions available. To book, visit kmtheatre.co.uk.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 5 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 6 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 7 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 8 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 9 Jailed: Newbury Park man for 'ludicrous' bid to defraud employer of £670k
- 10 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station