Review: The Gallery, South Woodford: A mouth watering menu, a self-playing piano and a press for cocktails button
- Credit: Mario Sparace
Last night I spoke to a gentlemen sat at the bar who said that, when looking for somewhere to go for dinner, nothing is quite like a personal recommendation from a friend or from someone you trust.
Well I personally recommend the Gallery.
Friendly, perfectly mannered and knowledgeable staff, a menu to make your mouth water and a wonderful cocktail selection is the ideal way to round off your night - or start it depending on which way you are inclined.
Beef tartare and king tiger prawns to start. Delicious, elegantly served and unbelievably tasty.
Followed by a fillet steak - medium rare - pink in the middle and delicious - and Monkfish, fresh and meaty, served alongside creamy spinach, dauphinois potatoes and green beans with challots.
You may also want to watch:
I told you it was a mouth watering menu.
And then for our sweet tooth - a recommendation from the maitre’d - chocolate fondant and sticky toffee pudding. Like I said before, a recommendation from a friend or someone you trust is priceless. And that certainly was.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 9 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
The night was rounded off with an espresso martini at the bar - the perfect digestif.
But if you don’t fancy a drink at the bar and prefer your old fashioneds brought to your table - taking inspiration from iconic Soho venue Bob Bob Ricard - there is even a ‘press for cocktails’ button.
The Gallery is a restaurant and bar that the people of South Woodford have been waiting for - previously The Woodford and most recently LDN Grill - it is fine dining at its best.
It has some wonderful spaces whether you want an intimate meal with your loved one, a fancy first date drink or even a Christmas party or special event.
Diners are welcomed by the glitzy gold sequin entrance - the perfect opportunity for that Instagram photo - and a self-playing polished grand piano - that as you enjoy your food you are serenaded by songs from the across the eras, from Pharell to Sinatra and back again.
The chef behind it all is Dave Rann - trained by Gary Rhodes and Gordon Ramsay - he has worked in a host of Michelin starred restaurants and was former head chef at Rhubarb, one of the UK’s leading hospitality groups.
I will certainly be returning to the Gallery, and would recommend you do the same.
For reservations call 020 8505 7676 or visit www.thegallerybarandgrill.co.uk