Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- Credit: Queen's Theatre Hornchurch
Music from Essex artists will feature in a newly announced jukebox musical at a Romford theatre.
Queen’s Theatre Hornchurch said its summer musical Love Letters will include hits ranging from the 1960s to today from Essex artists.
These include songs from singer and activist Billy Bragg, who was born in Barking; X Factor star Olly Murs from Witham; and Nobody’s Perfect singer Jessie J from Chadwell Heath.
The show’s premise is about an unposted love letter which is meant to be sent between a passionate young couple dating but gets delivered 16 years later.
The theatre’s artistic director Douglas Rintoul is behind the show, which is part of the Queen’s Theatre’s Essex on Stage programme, a two-year project sponsored by The Clothworkers’ Foundation.
You may also want to watch:
It seeks to champion positive notions of Essex, celebrate theatre made by working-class people and raise aspirations for emerging artists from Essex and outer east London.
Tickets to Love Letters can be bought at Queen's Theatre's website or through the Box Office on 01708 44333.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan