Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- Credit: Queen's Theatre Hornchurch
Music from Essex artists will feature in a newly announced jukebox musical at a Romford theatre.
Queen’s Theatre Hornchurch said its summer musical Love Letters will include hits ranging from the 1960s to today from Essex artists.
These include songs from singer and activist Billy Bragg, who was born in Barking; X Factor star Olly Murs from Witham; and Nobody’s Perfect singer Jessie J from Chadwell Heath.
The show’s premise is about an unposted love letter which is meant to be sent between a passionate young couple dating but gets delivered 16 years later.
The theatre’s artistic director Douglas Rintoul is behind the show, which is part of the Queen’s Theatre’s Essex on Stage programme, a two-year project sponsored by The Clothworkers’ Foundation.
You may also want to watch:
It seeks to champion positive notions of Essex, celebrate theatre made by working-class people and raise aspirations for emerging artists from Essex and outer east London.
Tickets to Love Letters can be bought at Queen's Theatre's website or through the Box Office on 01708 44333.
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 5 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 6 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 10 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings