Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- Credit: Anthony Devlin/PA
There is no shortage of Indian restaurants in Redbridge – whether you are looking for a Punjabi fish dish, or just a classic chicken tikka masala.
The Recorder asked readers to tell us about their favourite Indian restaurant or takeaway in the borough and here are some of your recommendations:
Based in Barkingside High Street, Abshar markets itself as an “authentic Indian takeaway”, with a range of traditional curries, masalas, biryanis and more.
Tripadvisor reviewers describe it as a “hidden gem”.
You may also want to watch:
Just a stone's throw from Valentines Park in Beehive Lane, Ilford, this restaurant serves Punjabi and Gujarati food.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
This family-run establishment in Clements Road, Ilford, has been feeding hungry customers since it was opened in 1966.
Customers have praised the food and service.
Grand Trunk Road
This South Woodford eatery was named best Asian restaurant at the Asian Restaurant Awards 2021.
It takes its name – and its menu – from a historic trading route and impressed judges from the Asian Catering Foundation with its mix of classic palace dishes and traditional roadside fare.
The go-to choice of Redbridge's council leader Jas Athwal, Kanchans can be found a short walk from Gants Hill station.
This Perth Road spot specialises in Punjabi and south Indian dishes.
A chain of Indian vegetarian restaurants, Saravanaa Bhavan claims to bring “artful variations of popular and traditional Indian dishes”.
They have eight restaurants across London, including an Ilford branch in Cranbrook Road.
Perhaps the most widely recommended restaurant on the list, it is the fourth highest ranked restaurant – of any cuisine – in the area on TripAdvisor.
The Barkingside High Street has been praised for its service by customers.