Ed Sheeran, Jason Derulo and Katy Perry hits to be performed at Ilford’s Kenneth More Theatre
- Credit: Archant
An all-singing, all-dancing cast is set to put on an “electric” performance dedicated to pop music’s biggest stars.
The Pop Factor concert is making its way to Ilford on its third nationwide tour and will feature music from the likes Ed Sheeran, Jason Derulo and Justin Bieber – all wrapped up into one “brilliant” show.
The show’s producer Hayley-Jane Simmons spoke to the Recorder about the upcoming performance at the Kenneth More Theatre, Oakfield Road, Ilford.
“It’s a pop concert experience for the family,” she said.
“It’s a two hour show with all the latest chart hits from Fleur East to Katy Perry.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s dancing and costume changes, and we’re really interactive with the audience. We get them dancing and singing along – it’s completely as interactive as they want it to be, it’s really good fun.”
Hayley-Jane, who runs production company Adrenaline Productions with Jonathan Mawson, said the seven-strong cast even put on an impromptu dance-off for concert-goers as part of the night.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 8 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
“People can join in if they want to. We came last year and we had a great time,” said Hayley-Jane, who said Pop Factor was for everyone over the age of four.
Speaking of her favourite part of the concert, she said: “We have a pop hits medley, it’s just brilliant to see. At that point, everyone’s up and joining in.
“The atmosphere is electric, I love it – you can see the cast are pushing and hitting their peak and everyone’s so up for the party.”
The producer, from Shenfield, said the set list was constantly changing to stay in tune with the pop charts.
Speaking of her role, she said: “I enjoy is the creative part of it and going into the rehearsals and putting all our ideas into practice.”
She added: “It’s really accessible for younger kids too. Sometimes concerts are too big or expensive, but with us they don’t have to worry about that.
“Every part of it is fun and I’m not just saying that.”
The show takes place on Saturday, March 26, at 6pm. Adult tickets are £15, children and senior citizens tickets are £14 and families of four – with two adults – get in for £52.
To book call 020 8553 4466.