Days out for parents and kids in London
- Credit: Contributed
With summer around the corner, it's time to explore the best of what London has to offer for families.
Let's take a look!
1. Summer Family Festival
Where: Throughout the Estate, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB
When: Saturday 29 May – Saturday 28 August
You may also want to watch:
With different activities every weekend for three months, this is the perfect affordable day out.
It started with The Canary of the Wharf Mystery History Family Trail on May 29 and is set to be a summer of movies, music and workshops for the whole family.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
2. Jump London
Where: Unit 1a, Rippleside, London, IG11 0RJ
When: Monday-Sunday 10am - 10pm
This London trampoline park is a guaranteed energy sapper.
Also home to go-karting, this park boasts more than 120 trampolines across 12 jump zones.
3. Epping Ongar Railway
Where: Epping Ongar Railway, Ongar Station, Station Approach, Ongar, Essex, CM5 9BN
When: Saturday-Sunday (May 22 - June 20)
The longest heritage railway in Essex - and the closest to London - is back in steam.
Alongside its normal services, there will be steam trains running between North Weald and Ongar.
Alongside enjoying this historic railway experience, families can also have a picnic lunch and take in the sights of Ongar.
4. Wellgate Farm
Where: Wellgate Farm, Collier Row Road, Romford, RM5 2BH
When: Daily two-hour slots between 10am-12pm and 1-3pm.
This community farm has reopened its doors after being closed for more than a year.
Families are welcome to come and see the range of animals on-site.
Booking is essential.
5. The ArcelorMittal Orbit
Where: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, E20 2AD
When: Friday-Monday - 11am - 3pm.
The world's longest and tallest tunnel slide has reopened, with families invited to enjoy an exhilarating thrill that boasts 12 separate twists and turns.
Visitors are also treated to a view of London's skyline as they prepare to plummet 178 metres.