Woodford Town FC play-down recent woes as they head into busy week
- Credit: David Loveday/TGS Photo
Woodford Town face a busy week as they are due to face Hoddesdon Town on Wednesday and table toppers Stanway Rovers on Friday.
This comes following a 4-1 defeat to Clapton in front of a bumper crowd of 483 at Ashton arena.
An amazing game of four penalties saw the Woods take the lead courtesy of top scorer Chaynie Burgin before an in-form Tons hit back in spectacular fashion.
After new boss Shane Baptiste had gone unbeaten in his first seven games, this means Woodford have hit a mini blip in their fortunes and coach Neil Day was keen to downplay the Woods' recent form.
"Every game is tough in the ESL and we have to learn to adapt to the opposition and indeed some of the pitches we play on.
You may also want to watch:
"We have played Hoddesdon twice and it’s even-stevens overall. Hopefully we’ll come back fresh having learnt some lessons of late - it would be great to give our fantastic fan base a couple of nights to remember."
- 1 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 2 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 3 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 4 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 5 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 6 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 7 Night Tube services to resume on Central line
- 8 Update: Missing Chigwell man found
- 9 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 10 Gants Hill Lloyds branch closes after more than 80 years