Woodford Town can bag silverware as they head into Plate final
- Credit: David Loveday/TGS Photo
Woodford Town have the chance to finish the most bizarre of seasons with some silverware at the Oakfield Stadium home of Redbridge FC on Saturday.
A midday kick off sees Woods taking on Hoddesdon Town in the Len Cordell Memorial Plate Final, for which they qualified in some style after a 10-goal demolition of Isthmian League opponents Great Wakering Rovers.
Woodford’s new-look squad have shown promising signs of improvement from their Essex Senior League campaign which saw them languishing at the wrong end of the table before lockdown curtailed the action.
The resumption has seen victories against Great Wakering and newly promoted Buckhurst Hill, as well as a battling 1-1 draw with a youthful Cheshunt outfit much to the delight of joint-manager Dee Safer.
Safer said: "Julian (Charles) and myself have freshened the team up and we’re optimistic about the future, starting with this Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
"It’s a nice bonus to find ourselves unexpectedly in a final, but with our fabulous support it could be one hell of an occasion and we’re definitely in it to win it."
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 6 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 9 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?
- 10 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn