Woodford Green AC teenager wins at Southern Championships
Canaan Solomon broke the tape in the under-13s race
Canaan Solomon won his first ever territorial championship last weekend, with victory in the South of England Cross Country Championships at Sussex Downs.
The Woodford Green with Essex Ladies runner resisted the temptation to make the early pace on his own in the under-13s boys’ race.
Instead, Solomon wisely sat in the leading group, before bursting away in the closing stages to win in 10 minutes 10 seconds – nine seconds clear of his nearest challenger.
Further back in the field, club-mates James Wakefield (12.14), Harry Cavell (13.12), Taylor Reece (14.10) and Chris Hogg (14.35) all made their contributions.
You may also want to watch:
Read more news from Woodford Green with Essex Ladies AC in this week’s Ilford Recorder
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club