West Ham striker Haller joins Ajax on a permanent deal
- Credit: PA
West Ham United can confirm Sébastien Haller has joined Ajax on a permanent basis for an undisclosed fee.
The Ivory Coast international centre-forward ends his stay with the Hammers after making 50 appearances in all competitions and scoring 14 goals across 18 months, following his summer 2019 arrival from German club Eintracht Frankfurt.
The 26-year-old returns to the Netherlands, where he previously spent two-and-a-half seasons with Utrecht.
He was one of a number of expensive signings made by former manager Manuel Pellegrini who did not perform to the levels anticipated.
Pellegrini was sacked in December 2019 and David Moyes eventually steered the club away from relegation trouble.
You may also want to watch:
Despite his struggles in east London, Haller scored arguably a Goal of the Season contender with his outrageous overhead kick against Crystal Palace last month, in what was his third league goal of the season.
- 1 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 2 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 7 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 8 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat