Player ratings: Tremendous displays throughout as West Ham seal comfortable win
- Credit: PA
A comfortably 3-0 victory for West Ham United over strugglers Sheffield United which saw impressive performances throughout and a first Premier League penalty of the season for the hosts.
Lukasz Fabianski (8) - The Polish shot-stopper pulled off a few vital saves in the match. David McGoldrick had a few golden opportunities.
Vladimir Coufal (7) - The Czech full-back is becoming so consistent, always putting in solid displays, both defensively and getting forward.
Craig Dawson (7) - The experienced defender led the backline without the presence of Angelo Ogbonna and helped Issa Diop find his feet after a slow start.
Issa Diop (8) - The Frenchman came back into the side after finding minutes hard to come by. Fantastic header to make it 2-0 from Aaron Cresswell’s corner.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron Cresswell (7) - Great cross for Diop’s goal. Consistent in creating good chances every match and looked natural at the left side of centre-back and was always talking with youngster Ben Johnson.
Ben Johnson (8) - The youngster really shone both defensively and going forward. Put in good crosses and showed some tricky footwork in the second-half getting forward.
- 1 Council offers update on regeneration projects at Ilford BID webinar
- 2 Ilford church turns into vaccine pop-up clinic
- 3 No 10 at odds with Redbridge Council over masks for primary children
- 4 Former Islington head announced as new interim chief exec for Redbridge Council
- 5 Sadiq has proposed Boundary Charge for cars coming from outside London
- 6 South African Covid variant found in Ilford, 'surge testing' to begin
- 7 Redbridge students rewarded by police for mental health artwork
- 8 Post Office pledges permanent presence in South Woodford as current site to close in April
- 9 People urged to take part in seven-day food waste challenge
- 10 Green Business scheme proposed by Conservatives voted down
Declan Rice (8) - Dominant in midfield, led by example, and worked extremely hard. Nice to see him net his first goal of the season from the penalty spot.
Tomas Soucek (7) - Much like his midfield partner, worked hard, covered ground and put in yet another solid display.
Manuel Lanzini (6.5) - The Argentine had a few glimpses where he showed his skill but at other stages disappeared in the match and tired fairly early.
Jesse Lingard (8) - The loanee put in a masterclass performance, created chances for himself and others, won the penalty and had so much energy in his game. Only missing a goal.
Jarrod Bowen (7) -Played as a central striker and done well in the absence of Michail Antonio. Had pace to cause a few problems.
Mark Noble (6) - The captain replaced Lanzini. Didn't do too much, but was solid in the middle.
Said Benrahma (7) - Only came on for the last few minutes but picked up an assist as he set up Ryan Fredericks.
Ryan Fredericks (7) - Fredericks came off the bench in stoppage time and managed to find the back of the net in that short space of time.