Wanstead & Snaresbrook held a virtual race night to raise funds for NHS
- Credit: Archant
Wanstead & Snaresbrook CC held a Virtual Race Night to raise funds for the club and NHS Charities Together during the coronavirus lockdown.
The club hosted a Covid-19 adjusted game of cricket against a team of NHS doctors and administrators on Tuesday, August 11 – with the match ending in a tie.
During the game Martin Pluck, chairman of Wanstead & Snaresbrook CC, presented a cheque for £2,610 to Dr Philip Bennett-Richards to show their support for the NHS efforts during the ongoing pandemic.
Pluck said: “This was an amazing effort by our members to support the tremendous work being done by everyone in the NHS during these very difficult times.”
Wanstead squeezed it into their heavy fixture list to show their support and enjoy another game of cricket with it being such a short season due to the delayed return to action.
You may also want to watch:
The first team are due to host Hutton in the Shepherd Neame Essex League Premier Gooch group on Saturday after last weekend’s washout.
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 7 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 8 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays