The East London Football Podcast
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Jacob Ranson is joined by Dan Bennett and Dave Evans to discuss West Ham, Leyton Orient, Dagenham & Redbridge and east London non-league football.
Dave joined the podast to discuss West Ham's 1-0 defeat to Sheffield United after a controversial VAR decision for handball.
He gave his thoughts on how VAR is being used, the signing of goalkeeper Darren Randolph and also previewed their upcoming game against Everton at The London Stadium.
Dan gave his thoughts on Leyton Orient's 1-1 draw at home to Grimsby Town on Saturday after Lee Angol's late penalty.
Jacob also provided an update on boss Ross Embleton's plans for the January transfer window and where the O's need to strengthen.
You may also want to watch:
Next up for Orient is a trip to Port Vale, with the pair giving their thoughts on what to expect from the game.
Dan then reviewed Dagenham & Redbridge's 2-1 FA Trophy defeat to Notts County, as well as their 3-2 win over Barking in the Essex Senior Cup on Tuesday.
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 7 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 8 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 9 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
The Daggers signed Gabriel Zakuani this week and Dan also discussed where they need to strengthen under new boss Daryl McMahon, as well as their next game away at Barnet in the National League.
To listen to the East London Football Podcast, click the link above.