Ilford's Theeban Tavarasa bags six wickets in dominant win
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Theeban Tavarasa and Mohammad Ahktar shared 10 wickets between them as Ilford cruised to an eight-wicket victory at Old Southendian & Southchurch.
And the visitors reached their victory target of 118 in less than 20 overs and are now unbeaten in their last five Hamro Foundation Essex League Division One outings.
The contest did not look like being so one-sided in the early stages of the home side's innings, with Ahmed Khawaja hitting four sizes in a 21-ball 28.
But once he was caught off Tavarasa with the score on 65-2, Old Southendian & Southchurch then collapsed to 117 all out.
Tavarasa took 6-56 in 16 overs, with Ahktar picking up 4-27 off 12.5 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Ilford opener Akhil Anil got the reply off to a flyer, striking eight fours and a six.
And after he was run out for 56, the visitors were led home by Akash Raji, who ended unbeaten on 39.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
The win leaves Ilford fourth in the table and they host bottom club Horndon on the Hill on Saturday.