Teen Harris earns the Woods hard-fought point at Rovers
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Essex Senior League: Stanway Rovers 1 Woodford Town 1
A late goal by Adam Harris earned Woodford Town a share of the spoils away to Stanway Rovers in the Essex Senior League on Tuesday night.
The Woods trailed at the break, but a late effort by the teenage substitute saw the game end 1-1.
Dee Safer’s men made the trip to the Hawthorns looking to bounce back after a 4-1 loss at home to Hoddesdon Town in the Errington Challenge Cup on October 30.
It was Rovers who made the better start, though, and they took the lead with 31 on the clock when Marley Okosi turned the ball past Alex Reed.
You may also want to watch:
The score remained 1-0 at the break, but the visitors come out determined and got their reward five minutes from time.
During the Woods best spell of the match, Harris low drive found the net after a fine run by Jayden Brissett.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 3 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Tributes paid to Ilford jazz legend Keith Nichols, who died from Covid
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
It was a decent result for Safer’s chargers up against a much-improved Rovers team, who had Terry Spillane in charge for his first match.
After 14 matches, Woods have 23 points and sit seventh in the table, but take a break from league action now until Monday night when Stansted visit the Harlow Arena.