Redbridge get revenge on Stanway Rovers
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Essex Senior League: Stanway Rovers 1 Redbridge 2
Redbridge got their revenge over Stanway Rovers for their Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy exit with a 2-1 win.
Goals from Michael Ogboin and Ayodesi Adelekan sealed the three points for the Motormen at the Hawthorns to end their three game winless streak.
Striker Ogboin put Redbridge ahead three minutes into the second-half and then saw Ayodesi Adelekan double their lead two minutes later.
And although Rovers then pulled one back immediately through Gaz Dauti, the hosts could not conjure up a comeback and fell to defeat.
You may also want to watch:
The Motormen now sit 14th in the Essex Senior League table and will be hoping to now get on a winning run to keep climbing up the table after a slow start to the campaign.
Redbridge will now host local rivals Barkingside at the Oakside Stadium on Tuesday evening before travelling away to Sawbridgeworth Town on Saturday.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 4 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 5 Two in five people in Redbridge may have had Covid, data shows
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Council left homeless family 'stuck in cycle of instability', report finds
- 8 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays