Sheeraz toasts last 16 success
Debden ABC boxer reaches National Schools’ Championships quarter-final
Mohammed Sheeraz of Debden ABC is through to the quarter-finals of National Schools’ Championships after success last weekend at Feltham.
The Gants Hill-based youngster dominated his class one under-44kg encounter with Patrick Ward of Northolt ABC to record a 7-1 points victory and set himself up for a final-16 clash with Cheshunt ABC boxer Connor Riley in Oxford on February 12.
The 12-year-old attends Valentines High School, and his coach John Maskell reserved high praise for Sheeraz.
“I had always expected him to do well, and although he is only in his first year that you can box competitively he has shown a great deal of promise,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“Just to get through to the London stage is an achievement, but to get to the National championships is fantastic and hopefully he can continue to improve and go a long way in the sport. He must be one of the first 12-year-olds to have won through to this stage.”
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 6 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 7 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week