School Sport: Wembley treat for Oaks Park pupils
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters serve as ball boys and girls at cup final
A group of 15 lucky Oaks Park students were chosen to be the ball boys and girls at the Capital One League Cup final at Wembley.
Students spent the day at Wembley, where Manchester City played Liverpool, and were treated to a behind-the-scenes experience of the famous stadium as well as carrying out their duties during the match.
Hours before the match began students had the opportunity to walk around the empty stadium and see all the build-up to the big game, where they met and spoke to England and Liverpool legend John Barnes.
During the match, which City won on penalties, the pupils were pitchside in front of the 80,000-plus crowd and involved in all the action of the game.
You may also want to watch:
A couple of the students were fortunate enough to have a bird’s eye view of the Manchester City players celebrating their eventual win as they ran over to the corner where all of their supporters were.
Head Steve Wilks said: “Well done to all the students involved on the day. Their behaviour was excellent and they were fantastic ambassadors for Oaks Park High School.
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
“Our students will be involved in the next four cup finals at Wembley, including the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy and all three League play-off finals, good luck for those.”
Oaks Park ball boys/girls: Kelson Aboobakar, Arjun Bains, Antonette Bowen, Ruth Gillard, Shair Hossain, Kenyah Johnson, Amber Leon, Jade Leon, Pavanjit Marway, Steve Nti, William Owoko, Radusa Ravithasan, Roshan Robert Chajee, Rithik Sharma, Kethees Sivakumar.