School Sport: Rivals dunk borough doubles
- Credit: Archant
Chadwell Heath and Palmer shine at finals
Chadwell Heath Academy and Palmer Catholic Academy celebrated doubles at the Redbridge Schools’ Basketball Championships last week.
The two schools met in the year eight final, with Palmer winning 46-34, and also in the year nine showdown, which Chadwell Heath took by an 89-53 margin.
And Chadwell Heath also beat Oaks Park High School in the year 10 final, by a 52-25 scoreline, while Palmer saw off Forest 50-39 in the year 11 decider.
King Solomon were crowned year seven champions after defeating Mayfield 38-28, while Oaks Park took the Sixth Form honours with a 74-53 victory over Woodbridge.
You may also want to watch:
“All the finals were very competitive and we saw some excellent basketball. Our thanks must go to Stavros Elia from Chadwell Heath for his excellent organisation,” said Redbridge Schools’ Sports Association chairman Steve Wilks.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 8 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
- 9 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 10 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer