Rugby Union: Wanstead under-13s enjoy big success against Cheshunt rivals
- Credit: Archant
Friendly: Cheshunt under-13s 30 Wanstead under-13s 70
Wanstead under-13s were impressive going forward as they beat Cheshunt 70-30 away from home.
From the whistle the young Herons were hungry and, with the advantage of playing downhill, got stuck in.
Fantastic passing from all the team saw Adrian James run through the Cheshunt defence, scoring the first of his six tries.
Jack Lavin followed James up by quickly putting two across the line, while Luke Tierney made a cracking run down the left wing before scoring under the posts.
You may also want to watch:
Adrian Taylor-Morgan picked the up the ball from an error by the hosts and bulldozed his way down the wing before dotting down.
Frankie Fitzpatrick and Giuseppe Palumbo, along with new boy Charlie Waker and Archie Somers were creating openings in Cheshunt’s dogged defence.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 4 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 5 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 6 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 7 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 9 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 10 'It's disgusting': Goodmayes mum claims family fed mouldy pittas in quarantine hotel
The hosts, though, dug deep to score three tries of their own, with the Herons leading 50-15 at the break.
From the restart, Cheshunt were relentless and added another three tries in the opening 15 minutes of the second half.
Wanstead regrouped, with Joseph Earl making a cracking run before crossing the line with the support of his team-mates.
There was also time for Lavin to cross twice more before the end, with Tierney another to complete a hat-trick in the rout.
Man of the match honours, though, went to Lakindu Thawalpitdye Geyara, who impressed on his debut for Wanstead.
Wanstead: Gipson, Laxton, James, Taylor-Morgan, Tierney, Earl, Waker, Cohen, Scott, Palumbo, Geyara, Moran, Fitzpatrick, Batstone, Somers, Lavin.