Rugby Union: Ilford Wanderers pair Alex Dean and Morgan Brown feature for Essex under-20s in Jason Leonard National Championships
- Credit: Archant
Young duo started for county team in 30-27 defeat to Sussex
Ilford Wanderers youngsters Alex Dean and Morgan Brown were unable to help Essex under-20s to success against Sussex in the Jason Leonard National Championship.
Cente Dean and back row forward Brown were both named in the starting XV for the clash with Sussex.
The Wanderers duo have played together since the age of 12, turning out for school teams and various Essex youth sides, as well was coming through the ranks at Ilford.
Despite their young age, both Dean and Brown are currently regulars in the Wanderers’ first team squad.
You may also want to watch:
However, on duty for the county side, the Ilford pair suffered a 30-27 defeat at home to Sussex in a thrilling encounter.
Despite the defeat, Essex were able to collect two bonus points for their efforts against Sussex in the Division Two Pool Three encounter.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 4 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 5 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 8 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 9 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 10 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
Essex under-20s are next in action in the competition when they visit Middlesex on March 18.