Rugby Union: Ilford Wanderers pair Alex Dean and Morgan Brown feature for Essex under-20s in Jason Leonard National Championships
- Credit: Archant
Young duo started for county team in 30-27 defeat to Sussex
Ilford Wanderers youngsters Alex Dean and Morgan Brown were unable to help Essex under-20s to success against Sussex in the Jason Leonard National Championship.
Cente Dean and back row forward Brown were both named in the starting XV for the clash with Sussex.
The Wanderers duo have played together since the age of 12, turning out for school teams and various Essex youth sides, as well was coming through the ranks at Ilford.
Despite their young age, both Dean and Brown are currently regulars in the Wanderers’ first team squad.
You may also want to watch:
However, on duty for the county side, the Ilford pair suffered a 30-27 defeat at home to Sussex in a thrilling encounter.
Despite the defeat, Essex were able to collect two bonus points for their efforts against Sussex in the Division Two Pool Three encounter.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 6 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Wanstead rugby youngsters return to action with a win over rivals Woodford
- 10 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
Essex under-20s are next in action in the competition when they visit Middlesex on March 18.