Ross awaits visit of former club
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
The Motormen host Tilbury
Redbridge manager Dave Ross believes a win against Tilbury would provide his side with the boost they need to avoid the drop.
The Motormen are unbeaten in their two games so far this month, a run that has seen them move four points clear of the relegation zone.
And Ross feels victory over the Dockers will go a long way to helping his side remain in the Ryman North.
“If we can get a result against Tilbury, that would be seven points from a possible nine. That’s not the form of a team where we are,” said Ross.
You may also want to watch:
“But we’ve got to get a result against Tilbury first before we can talk like that. Certainly a win would give us a lot of confidence.”
The game with Tilbury sees Ross come up against a side he has previously coached, having worked for the Dockers as assistant manager from 2010 to 2012.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 6 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 7 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
And the current Redbridge boss is eagerly anticipating the visit of his former club to the Oakside Stadium.
“I know Tilbury very well and I’m looking forward to the game. I maintain a very good relationship with the club,” added Ross.
“Hopefully Redbridge can get something out of the match. Tilbury are a good side, especially since Gary Henty took charge.
“In their last 10 games they’ve been quite good. But we’ve been good recently too. We expect it to be a very entertaining game.”