Triathletes celebrate success at club championships
- Credit: Archant
A number of triathletes are celebrating success following their club’s championships.
Roding Valley Tri members battled the tough conditions and took part in one of their coldest swims of the season so far at the Stewartby Triathlon.
Colum Sharkey won the Men's Club Sprint Championship and Charlotte McAlindon won the Women's Club Standard Championship.
Peter Exton, Jeff Cowling and Andy Bourne came third, second and first in the Club Championship Standard Distance Triathlon and all claimed gold in their age groups.
Karen Cole also won in both her age group and the Club Championship at sprint distance.
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman David Martin is currently on stage three of a cycle ride from John O'Groats to Land's End for mental health charity Men vs Miles and took time out to tweet his congratulations to all the prize winners.
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath