Newby (1, 90)
Leyton Orient F.C
Aaron Drinan (24)
Craig Clay (66)
Leyton Orient held to a draw at Rochdale
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
A 90th minute goal from Alex Newby denied Leyton Orient a win as he nabbed a 2-2 draw for Rochdale.
The home side raced into the lead with the game just 30 seconds old, Corey O'Keeffe heading Liam Kelly's delivery back across the face of goal and Newby nodding home from close range.
But Orient responded positively to the setback and were desperately unlucky when Aaron Drinan met Dan Kemp's cross with a firm header which smashed against the underside of the crossbar before the home defence scrambled clear.
Drinan was not to be denied in the 24th minute, however, again combining with Kemp to race through on goal and fire the ball past Joel Coleman.
The visitors took the lead after 66 minutes when a long throw was partially cleared by Jeriel Dorsett, but Craig Clay met the loose ball on the volley. His execution was low and hard and ran through a crowded box and into the net.
Rochdale levelled in the 90th minute when Kelly's corner was flicked to the back post and Newby converted to complete his brace.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 4 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 5 No more strikes planned at school but dispute resolution unclear
- 6 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 9 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 10 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering