Redbridge miss out after Neil sees red
- Credit: Archant
Ryman Div 1N: Redbridge 0 Grays 1
Redbridge keeper Dean Neil went from hero to villain as Motormen were edged out by high-flying Grays at Oakside last night.
Neil had produced a string of superb saves to frustrate the visitors, keeping out a penalty from Danny Bunce along the way.
And hard-working Motormen looked set to claim an unlikely point as Grays missed a string of chances and grew increasingly frustrated.
But with the match moving into injury time, Neil lashed out after a wild challenge by Jeff Hammond and was given his marching orders.
You may also want to watch:
And in the further time added on, Grays claimed a winner when Motormen failed to clear a corner and Junior Baker’s overhead kick found the back of the net.
Basement boys Ilford make the long trip to Needham Market tonight, but could climb off the bottom of the table above Redbridge if they can avoid defeat.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 5 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 6 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 7 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 8 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 9 Jailed: Newbury Park man for 'ludicrous' bid to defraud employer of £670k
- 10 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
Romford, fresh from their 5-0 win at Redbridge at the weekend, ran out 2-0 winners at Waltham Abbey last night.
The scoreline remained blank until the last 20 minutes when recent recruit Tyler Christian-Law crossed for James Ishmail to head his first goal for the club, on his 95th appearance.
Boro sealed the points in injury time when Abbey keeper Jake Whincup was penalised for picking up a back pass and Tom Richardson played the indirect free-kick to Kurt Smith to fire home.