Redbridge pegged back by strugglers Leyton Athletic
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Essex Senior League: Leyton Athletic 2 Redbridge 2
Redbridge were pegged back and held for a 2-2 draw by Essex Senior League strugglers Leyton Athletic.
Goals from Larry Asare and Patrick Duggan were cancelled out by Athletic goals from Francesco Ciccone and Mario Jgini at the Wadham Lodge Stadium.
Asare slotted home after just 16 minutes to give the Motormen the lead before Duggan doubled their lead eight minutes later.
in the 33rd minute Ciccone clawed one back for the hosts to give them a life line heading into the half-time break.
You may also want to watch:
Jgini then found the back of the net in the 72nd minute to tie the score and earn his side a valuable point.
The Motormen will now travel away to in-form Stanway Rovers at the Hawthorns on Saturday as they look to start turning their season around.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 4 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 8 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
- 9 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 10 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
Manager Ricky Eaton and his side will be determined to get one back on the new-look Rovers after they knocked Redbridge out of the Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy with a 3-1 defeat last weekend.