Redbridge boss Eaton full of confidence ahead of Sawbridgeworth trip
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Redbridge manager Ricky Eaton says his side will be full of confidence for their trip to Sawbridgeworth Town this weekend.
The Motormen will make the trip to Crofters End to take on the Robins as they look to continue their recent run of three games unbeaten in the Essex Senior League.
They currently sit 13th in the table after a slow start, but Eaton wants his side to start pushing away from the bottom with an extended run of good results.
“We’ve been down near the bottom of the league for quite a while now and it’s been hard to get away from it, so to get seven points in three games is pleasing,” Eaton said.
“A trip to Sawbridgeworth on Saturday, they’ve always been a good side, so it will be a hard game for us no doubt, but we go there full of confidence and trying to get another three points on the board.”
You may also want to watch:
Former London Bari boss Eaton expects it to be a tough challenge and praised the Robins’ management team of John and Mark Watters.
“We know what they’re about, they’re a good side, and their management team down there know what they’re doing,” he added.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 7 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 10 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
“Once they get their team and go on a run they will be a hard team to beat.”
Goalkeeper Lewis Greene has missed the last two fixtures due to injury, but Eaton revealed he could be back in contention for this weekend’s clash.
“Lewis pulled his hamstring in a game recently, just before the Leyton Athletic game. He might be back on Saturday, but we will assess him in the next few days,” he said.
Eaton also revealed Calvin Poku and Daniel Smith are both out with similar injuries and may be unavailable again come Saturday.
“Calvin is a hamstring injury as well, we have quite a few injuries, Daniel Smith is also injured,” he said.
“Calvin has not torn or tweaked it, he’s just got muscle weight there and instead of it going we’re trying to prevent it going by giving him the rest he needs to be back at full fitness.”
Redbridge will however have Remi Nelson in the side after he returned to the club from Basildon United and featured in a 3-0 win over Barkingside on Tuesday, when Michael Ogboin (2) and Larry Asare netted.