Redbridge beaten by Bury’s late show
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Ryman North: Bury Town 4 Redbridge 1
Three goals in the final five minutes cost Redbridge any hope of taking something from their long trip to Bury Town as they lost 4-1.
Dave Ross had said before the game that the Motormen would struggle to name a matchday 16 owing to work commitments and it showed with fellow joint-manager Ricky Eaton picked as one of just two substitutes.
Despite their squad troubles, the visitors took the lead at Ram Meadown when Charlie Portway added to his weekend brace in the eighth minute.
But Redbridge relinquished their advantage nine minutes before half time when Ollie Hughes netted for the hosts as the two sides went in level.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors were dealt a blow in the 65th minute when Charlie Parish was given his marching orders before Eaton was brought on to replace Portway four minutes later.
But the score remained level until the 87th minute when, with the Motormen looking on course for a crucial point, the Blues struck from the penalty spot with Josh Mayhew converting.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 8 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 9 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
The visitors pressed hard for an equaliser, but their hopes of a draw were further dashed in the final minute of normal time when Nick Ingram extended Bury’s lead.
Redbridge conceded a fourth in time added on when Mayhew added a second to cap a come-from-behind win for Bury.
The result leaves the Motormen in 22nd place in the Ryman North, two points adrift of safety.
Redbridge: Sargeant, Kabashi, Gyamenah (Drake 82), Parish, Good, Sackey, Gent, Ditkevicius, Adeboxejo, Portway (Eaton 69), Sebastfao