Preview: Hornchurch v Redbridge
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
A quick guide to the Ryman North action
Redbridge travel to the Hornchurch tonight, looking to end a run of six straight defeats in all competitions.
The Motormen did make an impressive start to the campaign, picking up seven points from a possible nine, but things soon turned bleak as they lost their next six, four of them being in the Ryman North.
Tonight they face a tough task of ending that run as they play Hornchurch at Bridge Avenue.
The Urchins, who were relegated from the Ryman Premier last season, have made a fantastic start of trying to bounce straight back, as they currently sit in second place in the table.
You may also want to watch:
Jimmy McFarlane’s men are unbeaten in seven games, including a 6-0 win at the Oakside Stadium just two weeks ago, and have scored 29 goals this season.
Redbridge will have their work cut out trying to stop the league’s top scorer George Purcell, who has seven goals after netting four at Oakside, and his strike partner David Knight, who has five.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 6 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 7 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 8 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
The Oakside outfit will have to tighten up their defence if they’re to get something from the game, as they’ve currently conceded the most goals in the division with a whopping 24.
If there is one negative for Hornchurch this season, it would be their lack of goals at home.
They have netted just three times in the league on their own turf and are winless at Bridge Avenue in their last two outings.