O's manager Jackett will evaluate team ahead of Northampton Town trip
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Leyton Orient manager Kenny Jackett likes to stick with a consistent side although he will evaluate the squad ahead of trip to Northampton Town.
The O’s will head to Sixfields on Saturday on the back of a 1-1 draw away to strugglers Scunthorpe United in mid-week.
Craig Clay could be a potential doubt, Tyrese Omotoye could be back in contention for the match day squad, while midfielder Callum Reilly remains side lined.
“It’s early, I like to watch the game, I've got plenty of time to watch the game and make those type of decisions. I’ll also assess if we have any knocks or anybody lacking any energy,” Jackett said.
“I do like consistency and if your side can get into a good rhythm it does help with understanding. I do also understand and appreciate there is a time for fresh legs.”
“It will be a different type of game, we have to get over today (Tuesday), and realise that we’ve done a lot of good things in terms of the performance.
“Realise we do want to be more ruthless, these are game we should be winning, not saying that’s not but similarly if we can win on Saturday to get four points out of six on the road then that has to be our aim now.”
- 1 Redbridge A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 2 Pub loses licence temporarily after rape allegation
- 3 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 4 Nine Redbridge green spaces awarded Green Flags
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 Ombudsman slams council over its investigation responses
- 7 Pair charged with creating fake Covid vaccination records
- 8 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 9 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 10 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
The boss provided an update on Clay, Reilly and Omotoye following the draw in mid-week as the O’s almost have a fully fit squad for Jackett to choose from.
“We’ll see, he (Craig Clay) rolled his ankle slightly, hopefully we have no other injuries as it turns around very quickly.
“He’ll (Callum Reilly) be a number of weeks, he’s still injured as is Tyrese Omotoye, Tyrese has a chance of coming back. He will strengthen our forward positions.”