Redbridge out of FA Vase as Barkingside hit for six
Redbridge were knocked out of the FA Vase after a 2-1 defeat at Newmarket Town at the weekend.
The Motormen were two goals down by half time, and despite clawing one back in the second half through Timothy Ogunrinde, it was not enough to take them past the Jockeys, who face Wroxham in the next round.
They return to league action with a trip to Southend Manor on Saturday, before going to Stansted in the Essex Senior Cup on Tuesday.
Woodford Town won 2-1 at St Margaretsbury on Tuesday and travel to FC Clacton this weekend.
Meanwhile, in Thurlow Nunn League Division One South, Barkingside fell to successive defeats.
On Saturday, they succumbed 5-0 to title-contenders Halstead Town in their first game without Francesco Zabotti in charge, while Monday evening brought a 6-1 home defeat to Buckhurst Hill at Cricklefield Stadium.
In front of an estimated crowd of 115, Barkingside conceded two early goals before a Reece Simpson strike on 36 minutes gave them hope.
- 1 Redbridge Council is watching you: Mobile CCTV vehicle set to tackle crime
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 4 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 6 BBC documentary based on BHRUT nurses scoops award
- 7 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 8 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 9 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 10 No more strikes planned at school but dispute resolution unclear
But there would be no comeback as Buckhurst Hill put four more past the hosts in the second half.
On Saturday, Frenford drew 1-1 with Harwich & Parkeston after going ahead on 15 minutes with a debut goal from Nick Reynolds.
They visit Cornard United on Saturday.