National Cup defeat for Woodford Colts
Woodford youngsters bow out to Tring.
Woodford 33 Tring 36
Despite dominating much of the match, Woodford’s Colts team bowed out of the National Cup to Tring.
Tring opened the scoring with a converted try, but the hosts hit back with a great solo effort from No.8 Bukenya who crashed over to level the scores.
Tring scored another try, following a Woodford fumble. However, hooker Will Cooper-Rendu soon crashed over to tie things up.
You may also want to watch:
Bukenya, then started a move to put the Woodford boys in the lead. He broke from the scrum, fed Ashley Somers who popped the ball to Cameron Dutch to score under the posts.
Tring, however also scored following a kick and chase and every time Woodford went into the lead, Tring came back at them.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 5 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 6 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 7 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 8 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 9 Jailed: Newbury Park man for 'ludicrous' bid to defraud employer of £670k
- 10 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
The second half saw Tring score three more breakaway tries to Woodford’s two.
Despite pounding the opposition try-line for the last 10 minutes, the hosts were unable to force a winning score and made their exit.