National Cup defeat for Woodford Colts
Woodford youngsters bow out to Tring.
Woodford 33 Tring 36
Despite dominating much of the match, Woodford’s Colts team bowed out of the National Cup to Tring.
Tring opened the scoring with a converted try, but the hosts hit back with a great solo effort from No.8 Bukenya who crashed over to level the scores.
Tring scored another try, following a Woodford fumble. However, hooker Will Cooper-Rendu soon crashed over to tie things up.
You may also want to watch:
Bukenya, then started a move to put the Woodford boys in the lead. He broke from the scrum, fed Ashley Somers who popped the ball to Cameron Dutch to score under the posts.
Tring, however also scored following a kick and chase and every time Woodford went into the lead, Tring came back at them.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
The second half saw Tring score three more breakaway tries to Woodford’s two.
Despite pounding the opposition try-line for the last 10 minutes, the hosts were unable to force a winning score and made their exit.