Murphy: We’ll give Barking test
- Credit: Archant
Highams club looking for wins to beat drop
Woodford coach Andy Murphy is hopeful his side can compete with Barking on Saturday (March 7), if only in patches.
The Highams club are 17-points adrift at the bottom of the London One North league and host fifth-placed Barking.
Murphy believes Woodford have played well in parts against every side in the league and feels that will be the case again this weekend.
“We’ve done well for periods of time against everybody. Even against (league leaders) Colchester, we had a period of about 20 minutes where we played really good rugby,” said Murphy.
You may also want to watch:
“We played well for 20 minutes but we were then knackered with 20 minutes to go. It shows our conditioning is not where it should be.”
In their last match, Woodford lost 43-5 away to Romford & Gidea Park and Murphy has pinpointed areas of improvement for their match with Barking.
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 7 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 8 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
“I want the scrum to go well. We’ve got two relatively young props so if we can compete in the front row we’ll be doing well,” he added.
“The lineout will hopefully be strong. I want us to front up in defence as our first-up tackles against Romford were poor.
“We’ll give the boys some targets individually, other than the scoreline, to work on.”