Town downed in the Essex Senior League by high-flying Airportmen
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Woodford Town 1 Stansted 2
Woodford Town were left frustrated after an injury-time goal, via a set piece, gave Essex Senior League leaders Stansted all three points at the Harlow Arena on Monday night.
The result was harsh on Dee Safer’s men, who had dominated an absorbing encounter for long periods.
After enjoying most of the possession in the early exchanges, the Woods made their pressure count close to the half an hour mark when they took the lead.
Stansted failed to clear a corner and the ball come for Dejaune Taylor-Crossdale and he fired home via a deflection to make it 1-0 to the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
In front of their vociferous supporters, Town looked for more goals and despite some enterprising play, it was the Airportmen who clinched the win with a late turnaround.
With around quarter of an hour left, Jack West levelled for the visitors with a superb header after stealing a march on his marker.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
Then, on the stroke of full time, Stansted completed the comeback triumph with West on target again.
A quick break won the high-flying visitors a corner and experienced forward West was on hand to head home and claim an impressive victory for the away side.
It was harsh on Woodford, who played their part in an entertaining contest on a chilly night in Harlow.
Next up for seventh-placed Town is a trip to rivals Walthamstow where they will look to bounce back against a side only two places above them in the table.