Magnus claims 10 golds as LBR impress in Romford
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the London Borough of Redbridge Swimming Club
Mia Magnus led the charge for London Borough of Redbridge swimmers at the Romford Town Early County Qualifier with an astonishing 10 gold medals.
Magnus’ highly-impressive haul contributed to a total of 64 medals in all for the club’s members.
Victories in the 50m and 100m backstroke, 50m and 100m breaststroke, 50m and 100m butterfly, 50m, 100m and 200m freestyle and the 200m individual medley saw Magnus enjoy plenty of success at the meet.
Derin Karamanli was another multiple gold medallist at the event as she took home five in total.
You may also want to watch:
Karamanli triumphed in the 50m and 100m butterfly and the 50m, 100m and 200m freestyle events.
Ellie Grant took home gold medals in the 50m and 100m butterfly and 100m breaststroke.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 4 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 5 Two in five people in Redbridge may have had Covid, data shows
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Council left homeless family 'stuck in cycle of instability', report finds
- 8 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
Other gold medallists included Jake Hare in the 50m breaststroke; Ciara Evans in the 50m backstroke; and Megan McLawrence in the 100m backstroke.
Those individual success ensured the club’s members were able to take home an incredible 21 gold medals between them.
That was in addition to 19 silver medals that were won by several members across a host of events.
Hare and Grant both took home three silver medals, as did Mohamed Messaoudi, while there were two second-place finishes for Roman Carr, Nicole Lomas and Khristine Carino.
Also taking home silver medals from the meet were Evans, McLawrence, Miller Carr and Scott Enness.
London Borough of Redbridge memebers were also able to collect 24 bronze medals, include five for Roman Carr alone.
Lomas secured four bronze medals, while Christiana Garcia and Marvin Melroy took home three third-place finishes from the meet.
Carino, Andrew Butko and Manon Richards both won two bronze medals, while Enness and Thanushan Kenkatharan also claimed a podium place.
It was an impressive haul from the club’s members, while there were other good displays from members who were unfortunate not to medal.