Ruel Sotiriou has a big role to play for Leyton Orient says boss Jackett
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Young striker Ruel Sotiriou has a huge role to play at Leyton Orient this season and long into the future insists manager Kenny Jackett.
The 21-year-old has four goals in all competitions so far this campaign, two of those coming in the league, where he has mainly had to feature from the bench.
But the Cypriot forward is now pushing for a starting position despite plenty of options up front for the O’s boss.
“A very big part, he’s (Ruel Sotiriou) contributed already very well, from coming off the bench and got some key goals. When he started against Bradford in a real tight game he got a key goal,” Jackett said.
“Looking past the league games, his performance at Crawley in the cup was a really good performance, and he got two really good goals.
“He’s contributed very well. It’s been a little bit stop start for me, one when going away on international trip just after the Bradford game, and a slight tweak of the hamstring that held him back.
“He’s fit and ready now, looking for like all players to get into a rhythm, but what he’s done already bodes well for the future both short term and long term.”
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 4 No more strikes planned at school but dispute resolution unclear
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 7 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 10 Waiting almost over as business award winners to be revealed