Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Leyton Orient have announced their retained list following the conclusion of the 2021-22 League Two season.
Amongst the players released include many of the O's 2018-19 National League title winning team.
The club have opted to release the likes of Lee Angol, Josh Coulson, James Dayton, Louis Dennis, Myles Judd, Sam Ling, Jordan Maguire-Drew, Brendon Shabani, Jamie Turley, Joe Widdowson and of course interim manager Jobi McAnuff.
Loan trio Tristan Abrahams, Nick Freeman and Tunji Akinola are all set to return to their parent clubs.
Orient director of football Martin Ling has revealed that they have offered new deals to James Brophy, Danny Johnson, Craig Clay, Dan Happe, Conor Wilkinson, Lawrence Vigouroux and Jayden Sweeney.
You may also want to watch:
Academy players Rhys Byrne, Antony Papadopoulos and Matt Young have been offered professional contracts.
Not forgetting Ouss Cisse, Dan Kemp, Hector Kyprianou, Shad Ogie, Sam Sargeant, Ruel Sotirou and Adam Thompson all remain in contract for next season.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit
Ling paid tribute to those members of the National League winning squad, by saying: "It's important we thank them for the work they put in, and recognise they will always be a big part of our history."