Cricket: Lawrence extends Essex contract
- Credit: Nick Wood/TGS Photo
Essex have announced that top-order batsman Dan Lawrence has signed a contract extension and will stay with the club until at least the end of the 2021 season.
Lawrence, 22, is an Essex Academy graduate and has made 64 first-class, 27 List A and 44 T20 appearances for the club since making his debut in 2015.
And the home-grown batsman had no hesitations in extending his contract, saying: "I'm delighted to sign an extension and prolong my future with Essex.
"I've been at the club since I was 10 and it was a really easy decision for me to make. Once the offer was put forward, it was just a case of signing on the dotted line.
"We have a really determined and ambitious group and I really believe we're on the cusp of a long and successful era here at Essex."
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Anthony McGrath is thrilled to see Lawrence extend his contract and added: "Dan is a really talented young batsman who has played an important role for us over the last few years and scored plenty of match-winning runs.
"He's absolutely essential to what we are trying to build and achieve at the club so it's great news that he's committed his future."
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 7 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds