Ilford Wanderers winning run comes to an end
- Credit: Archant
Ilford Wanderers three game winning run was brought to a halt as they suffered a heavy 31-11 defeat to Chelmsford in the London 3 Essex.
A cagey affair produced three penalties early on, giving the hosts a 6-3 lead, despite the Wanderers being more dominant.
Fly-half Alfie Waddems chipped into space, winger Terry Marsen jumped high to challenge for the ball but was illegally challenged off the ground, but he was able to re-gather the ball to put Wanderers 8-6 up.
Ilford were awarded a penalty to stretch their lead and Chelmsford bagged their own before Lawrence Brown picked up a yellow card which soured the half as Ilford went in 11-9 up.
A second yellow rubbed salt into the wound and the home side started to take control, eventually running in four unanswered tries to gain a deserved bonus point.
You may also want to watch:
Captain Jason Taylor said: “Travelling away to the top teams in this league means you have to be at your best but we weren’t.”
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 6 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 7 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week