Ilford and Frenford both looking to turn fortunes around
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Ilford will be determined to start climbing up the Essex Senior League table after a rollercoaster start to the new campaign.
The Foxes will welcome Stanway Rovers to Cricklefield Stadium on Saturday after they were also due to host Hoddesdon Town last night (Wednesday) as the fixtures continue to pile up for Adam Peek’s men.
They head into those clashes on the back of a 1-1 draw with Takeley last time out on Wednesday, September 8.
Neighbours Frenford, who play the level below in the Thurlow Nunn First Division South, are also hoping for better fortunes as they host Wivenhoe Town at the Jack Carter Centre on Saturday.
Manager David Forbes’ and his side were due to travel away to Benfleet last night (Wednesday) on the back of their exit from FA Vase on the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
They suffered a 2-0 defeat to Essex Senior League side Takeley to crash out of the cup competition.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine