Ilford AC runners complete postponed Remembrance run
- Credit: Terry Knightley/Ilford AC
Four runners from Ilford Athletics Club completed a delayed Remembrance 10km run last weekend.
The Essex Remembrance Run had been due to take place on Remembrance Sunday in November but was postponed until December 13 due to the second lockdown.
It was held around Debden Airfield, near Saffron Walden, and the first Ilford AC athlete to complete the course was Ryan Holeyman in 36 minutes and 51 seconds.
He came in 13th place overall from around 200 competitors.
Ryan's dad Danny finished in 38 minutes and 25 seconds for 24th position and 11th in the male veteran over 40 category.
You may also want to watch:
He was followed by Terry Knightley in 32nd place overall, who ran it in 40 minutes and 14 seconds and came third in the male veteran over 60 category.
Kim Baxter finished in 65 minutes to come third in the female veteran over 60 category and 142nd overall.
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 5 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 6 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 7 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 10 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
In the PB5K Winter Race Series, held at Ardingly Showground on Sunday, Ilford AC runner Ahmed Abdulle achieved a personal best of 14 minutes 45 seconds for 11th place.
He came third in the under 23 category.