Ilford AC runner Billy Green receives volunteer of the year award
- Credit: Archant
Billy Green has received an award from Essex County Athletics Association, who've named him their 2020 Volunteer of the Year runner-up.
Athletics enthusiast Billy belongs to Ilford Athletic Club where he serves as their media and publicity officer, as well as being manager for both his club's men's and Women's Road and Cross County teams.
He lives in Mildmay Road, Romford, and is also a committed West Ham United fan.
Ilford Athletics Club is an inclusive friendly club catering for runners and athletes of all standards and abilities across all disciplines, track and field, road and cross country as well as racewalking.
The club also have a “Harriers” section that is suitable for beginners.
You may also want to watch:
They train at Cricklefield Stadium on Tuesdays and Thursday nights from 6.30pm onwards and at Chigwell Row on the weekend in normal circumstances of course.
At present they are taking part in many virtual races and competitions.
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 5 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 6 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 7 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 10 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings