Ilford AC's Emma Dyos impresses at Moulton Village Open
- Credit: Ilford AC
Ilford Athletics Club's in-form Emma Dyos finished second in a five mile walking race in Suffolk.
She contested the annual Moulton Village Open walk on an out-and-back rural road course through countryside.
Dyos was aiming to defend her winner's trophy from the previous event in 2019, last year's staging being cancelled due to lockdown.
She was closely followed by regular rival Melanie Peddle from near neighbours Loughton AC.
Peddle "pressed the pedal" on the homeward stretch, passed Dyos and opened up a sufficient gap to break the tape in 45 minutes and 9 seconds, with the Ilford athlete second in 46.37.
You may also want to watch:
The pick of Ilford's walkers in the men's race were Steve Uttley in fifth and Simon Morgan who came seventh clocking 48.52 and 52.51 respectively in a field led home by Callum Wilkinson, who raced in last month's Tokyo Olympics.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Public in 'parallel universe' to hospitals on Covid measures, meeting told