Gaelic Sport: Thomas McCurtains begin Murphy Cup campaign with win over Garryowen
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Thomas McCurtains GAA club
Thomas McCurtains men’s footballers began their Murphy Cup campaign with a 3-12 to 1-11 win over Garryowen.
In an evenly matched first half, the Goodmayes club trailed by a point at the interval after Garryowen found the net for the opening goal of the game.
However, debutant Cahir McBrearty, John Raff and Conor Murphy all netted for McCurtains in the second half as they came from behind to win.
The men’s footballers are back in Murphy Cup action on Sunday when they face St Brendan’s at the Goodmayes Hospital Sports Ground.
You may also want to watch:
The women’s footballers, meanwhile, suffered an agonising 4-11 to 5-7 defeat against Dulwich Harps in the London Junior League.
McCurtains will have to dust themselves down as they host Tir Chonaill Gaels in the league on Sunday.
The club are always on the lookout for new players to join their hurling, Gaelic football and camogie teams. Email email@example.com for more information.
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath