Gaelic Sport: Thomas McCurtains beaten by St Brendan’s in Murphy Cup
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Thomas McCurtains GAA club
Thomas McCurtains men’s football team suffered a 2-8 to 1-15 defeat against St Brendan’s in their second group stage match in the Murphy Cup.
Goals from Conor Murphy and Mark McGirr saw the Goodmayes club take an early lead the game, before St Brendan’s battled back in the second half to win.
McCurtains round off their group campaign in the Murphy Cup at home to St Josephs at 12.30pm on Sunday.
The women’s football team, meanwhile, lost 2-12 to 3-16 against Tir Chonaill Gaels in the London Junior League.
You may also want to watch:
Brid Murphy and Aoife Kelly both scored for the Goodmayes club in the second half, but McCurtains still slipped to a defeat.
This weekend sees the hurling team begin their London Division Two campaign against Kilburn Gaels ‘B’ in Wormwood Scrubs at 4pm on Saturday.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
McCurtains’ camogie side will be heading for Birmingham to take part in a Mixed League Blitz at Pairc Na hEireann on Saturday.