Redbridge without a handful of players for West Essex clash
PUBLISHED: 17:00 14 March 2018
©TGS Photo tgsphoto.co.uk +44 1376 553468
A depleted Redbridge side will take on West Essex this evening after the match scheduled for last night was postponed and moved back due to a waterlogged pitch.
The Motormen make the trip to Mayesbrook Park (7.45pm) as they look to get their title charge back on track.
Although manager Ricky Eaton will have limited selection choices for the clash as he’s without Shaun Harris, Eljay Worrell, Reside Coxi-Sebastfao, Patrick Duggan and Remi Nelson.
“It’s good that we’ve managed to push it back 24 hours to give us a chance of playing the match,” Eaton said.
“The down side is we’re missing quite a few players now with the game being move, so that hinders us slightly.
“Shaun Harris, Reside, Eljay Worrell, Patrick Duggan are all unavailable and Remi Nelson is suspended.
“A lot of them are unavailable due to work commitments as they booked off Tuesday evening not Wednesday for the match.”
Eaton is backing his squad players to step-up and give him a selection headache for the final stretch of the season.
“We have a good squad and the boys coming in have a good opportunity to stake a place in the team.
“If we’re winning we don’t like to change things so they know what they have to do.”
The former London Bari boss admits West Essex will be a tough test despite beating them 3-1 at Oakside earlier in the campaign.
“They’re a good side and we’re under no illusions of what they can offer,” he said.
“We beat them 3-1 earlier in the season and they will probably feel a bit hard done by with that as they played well.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.