Redbridge star Anton banned for six months
PUBLISHED: 15:57 16 December 2010
Defender suspended until June after pushing the referee
REDBRIDGE defender Anton Agdomar has been suspended until June 2011 by the Football Association after admitting a charge of violent conduct.
The versatile player saw a penalty awarded against him and was then sensationally sent off after pushing the referee, in the Ryman Division One North match against Waltham Forest on November 6, which they went on to win 4-1.
“The club initially suspended him internally after the incident with the hearing in mind,” said boss Kris Taylor.
“And the result of the hearing means he is out for the rest of the season. It is a shame to lose Anton because of his versaitlity in being able to play in midfield and in the striker role.
“Lots of teams in this level would like to have him in their squad, but I can’t condone his behaviour.”
On the pitch however, things have picked up with their third league win of the season coming against Great Wakering Rovers. A brace from Tom Stephen was enough to secure a 2-1 win, and praise from his manager, alongside debutant Elie Kayembe.
“We asked Tom to do a job on the right wing because of his energy and pace and he worked very hard,” Taylor said.
“When through on goal he managed to put his chances away, which is another pleasing aspect.”
“Elie proved a handful for the Wakering defence all game and considering he hasn’t played too much over the last two months it was a good performance.”
The Motormen now face another two big games as they look to move away from the lower echelons of the table, with a trip to Harlow Town on Saturday, before hosting Tilbury at Oakside on Tuesday night.
“Harlow’s result with Ilford on Tuesday put us above them on goal difference, but it’s another challenge against the big boys,” said Taylor.
“All the pressure is on them to perform and I believe we have the ability to get something from the game.
“With the position we are in all the games are must win and nothing changes with the Tilbury game.
“We were adrift at the bottom earlier on in the season, and now the next step is to close the gap and slowly climb up to the some of the mid-table sides like Great Wakering.”
Taylor has added to his squad with the signing of former Barking and Aveley midfielder Nicky Wettner and is hoping Glen Golby decides to stay after a seven-day approach was received for the defender’s services.
“Glen is an important player for us and I just hope he doesn’t leave,” said the Oakside boss.
“But it shows people are now looking at our results and sees the improvement we have made.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.