Search

Redbridge ‘reasonably pleased’ with pre-season

PUBLISHED: 15:30 28 July 2015

Redbridge joint manager Dave Ross (pic: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO)

Redbridge joint manager Dave Ross (pic: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO)

Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO c/o 27 Plaiters Way, Braintree, Essex, CM7 3LR - Editorial Use ONLY - FA Premier League and Football League images are subject to DataCo Licencing restrictions

Dave Ross reflects on yesterday’s clash with Tower Hamlets and reveals why Sawbridgeworth fixture was called off

Action from Tower Hamlets (white) pre-season match against Redbridge (blue) at Stepney (pic: Tim Edwards).Action from Tower Hamlets (white) pre-season match against Redbridge (blue) at Stepney (pic: Tim Edwards).

Redbridge joint-manager Dave Ross has been reasonably pleased with pre-season so far despite seeing their fourth match called off on Saturday.

The Motormen were set to travel to Essex Senior League outfit Sawbridgeworth Town, but the match in Hertfordshire had to be postponed.

Action from Tower Hamlets (white) pre-season match against Redbridge (blue) at Stepney (pic: Tim Edwards).Action from Tower Hamlets (white) pre-season match against Redbridge (blue) at Stepney (pic: Tim Edwards).

It left the Oakside management frustrated, but Ross conceded their was little that could be done after the downpour that occurred on Friday night.

He said: “The Sawbridgeworth game being postponed was a killer really, we were looking forward to that.

“They said because of the rain the pitch had really softened up and they didn’t want to do any damage to the pitch so that was the main reason it was called off.

“We had a game on Monday against Tower Hamlets so we didn’t do anything on Saturday, but the game on Monday was a good and we had trialists involved, some of them looked strong.”

Ross and fellow boss Ricky Eaton watched their side share four goals against Hamlets, another Essex Senior League team, yesterday evening.

It was their third fixture of pre-season after encounters with Bowers & Pitsea and Harold Wood Athletic earlier in the month.

But the Redbridge boss isn’t looking into the results of those games too much, he is just focusing on where they can improve ahead of the Ryman North opener against Witham Town on August 8.

“I am reasonably pleased with how pre-season has gone so far, we are getting things in place,” added Ross.

“We have got stuff to work on, but things are being worked on and we know where we need to improve. I am not overly concerned with results in pre-season and for a lot of the games we have been using trialists.”

The Motormen continued their pre-season schedule with a clash against Barking on Thursday night.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Related articles

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ilford Recorder