Redbridge boss disappointed with red cards

PUBLISHED: 13:05 22 December 2014 | UPDATED: 13:05 22 December 2014

Redbridge joint manager Dave Ross (pic: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO)

Redbridge joint manager Dave Ross (pic: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO)

Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO c/o 27 Plaiters Way, Braintree, Essex, CM7 3LR - Editorial Use ONLY - FA Premier League and Football League images are subject to DataCo Licencing restrictions

Motormen manager unhappy with heavy Brightlingsea loss

Bostry Bansende saw red for Redbridge at Brightlingsea (pic: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO)Bostry Bansende saw red for Redbridge at Brightlingsea (pic: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO)

Redbridge joint-manager Dave Ross was disappointed with proceedings at Brightlingsea Regent on Saturday, as his side fell to a 4-0 defeat in the Ryman North.

Jordan Heath scored for the hosts after 18 minutes and the Motormen conceded three times in the second period, Heath adding another before Ben Newson struck a brace.

Redbridge's Vinny Murphy was sent off at Brightlingsea (pic: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO)Redbridge's Vinny Murphy was sent off at Brightlingsea (pic: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO)

Bostry Bansende received a red card in the 66th minute for the visitors before Vinny Murphy was also sent off late on.

And Ross felt Bansende’s dismissal, minutes after Brightlingsea had scored their second, played a part in the defeat at North Road.

He said: “The sending off definitely affected the game. The referee gave a yellow to Bostry in the first half and I don’t know what for.

“He played and won the ball and for some reason the referee deemed it reckless.

“Then second half we were standing by the touchline with the board about to take him off - because the referee was a bit quick to book people.

“We thought he could give Bostry another, and then just as we are about to do it, he makes a tackle and instead of giving him a warning he gives him another yellow.”

Ross anticipated a tough match with various first team players suspended – including captain Mark Nougher, Charlie Parish and Leon Smith.

He revealed Redbridge had some opportunities to equalise before Heath scored his second after 61 minutes.

“It wasn’t a good performance and we had loads of players out,” added Ross.

“We had about five or six so it was always going to be a difficult afternoon, but we had a couple of decent chances.

“We could easily have equalised, but overall in the 90 minutes they were better than us. It is two crucial players we have lost for games coming up now as well.

“He actually gave Vinny a second yellow for a foul he didn’t make, so it is disappointing, and we can’t appeal that either because we don’t have any video evidence.”

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Most Read

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Most Read

Latest from the Ilford Recorder