Ilford, Barkingside win on road; Redbridge beaten

PUBLISHED: 08:29 19 February 2017 | UPDATED: 08:30 19 February 2017

Ilford manager Allan Fenn (pic George Phillipou/TGS Photo)

Ilford manager Allan Fenn (pic George Phillipou/TGS Photo)

©TGS Photo +44 1376 553468

Latest news from the Essex Senior League

Eton Manor 0 Ilford 2

Ilford made it five Essex Senior League wins in six outings with success over Manor at Goffs Lane.

Allan Fenn’s Foxes travelled in good spirits, following their 5-1 midweek win over London Bari and the signings of Chris Lockwood and Nicki Dembele.

And goals from Ryan Ramsey and Sipho Mtyanda proved enough to secure three more points and see them maintain their hold on eighth place in the table, with games on hand on all of those currently above them.

Ilford are set to return to their Cricklefield Stadium base to host Enfield in the Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy on Wednesday.


Haringey & Waltham 2 Barkingside 3

Liam Clifton’s last-minute goal lifted Barkingside to victory over struggling Haringey & Waltham at the Terence McMillan Stadium.

Luke With put Gursel Gulfer’s men in front with only four minutes gone, but the home side hit back to level before half time.

David Laird netted a second Barkingside goal on 76 minutes, but it looked like honours would finish even until substitute Clifton’s 90th-minute winner.

Having leapfrogged local rivals Redbridge into 12th place, Barkingside will now turn their attentions to their long-awaited London Senior Cup tie against Dulwich Hamlet at Champion Hill on Tuesday.

Barkingside return to Cricklefield to entertain Clapton on Friday (February 24) when admission will be £5 to all, with children gaining free entry.

Barkingside: Brown, Blake, Wright, Conteh, Edwards (Ambrose 68), Heather, Laird, McCarthy, Mitchell, With, Berkowicz (Clifton 54). Unused subs: Ademilyu, Lee, Ruzgas.


Enfield 5 Redbridge 3

Redbridge slumped to their fourth defeat in six league and cup outings against lowly Enfield at Barrows Farm.

Motormen had won 5-1 when the two sides met at Oakside in a Friday night fixture only 22 days earlier and took the lead in the 27th minute of the return fixture.

But their joy was shortlived as Enfield were back on terms three minutes later through Lee Pleasance.

Shane Drew put the home side in front four minutes before half time and it was 3-1 just before the hour when he struck again.

Khadean Campbell added a fourth on 76 minutes, with Alex Salmon adding to the misery for Motormen with a fifth Enfield goal nine minutes from time.

Two late goals provided little consolation for Redbridge, who dropped one place to 13th in the table and will now turn their attentions to the London Senior Cup when they play host to Wimbledon on Tuesday.

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Ilford Recorder